With confidence in your body and excellent support you can have a positive birth experience. Current research confirms that continuous support from another woman, who is not a relative or friend, can have huge benefits; length of labour is shortened, natural birth is more likely, as is a positive birth experience. Whether you choose to give birth at home, in a birth centre or in a hospital environment, you will inevitably meet new people during the experience. A doula is a consistent supporter who you meet and get to know in pregnancy, who will be with you every step of the way during your birth experience. A doula ensures you are looked after and you feel calm, and that your birth partner is too.
A doula is like a trail guide, familiar with the path, she keeps you hiking through the hard parts, knowing the view at the end is incredible.
Birth Doula Support ~ £1,500
I might be the right doula for you, if you are looking for:
- Someone to discuss your thoughts and choices around birth with
- Someone to listen to your hopes and fears about giving birth
- Someone to provide ideas and techniques for staying calm during your birth
- Someone to equip your birth partner with the tools to support you well
- Someone to help you with creating your birth preferences
- Someone you can call, text or email with questions or concerns during pregnancy
- Someone to encourage the use of relaxation and breathing techniques
- Someone to help you with staying active during birth using movement and positions
- Someone to assist with the use of massage and visualisation
- Someone you can call, text or email with questions or concerns during the early days with your new baby
Contact me if you would like…
- A free, no-obligation consultation to meet me, ask any questions you may have and see if I am the right doula for you.
- Monthly birth preparation sessions to discuss your hopes/fears around birth and your birth preferences – the earlier you book the more sessions we can fit in.
- Unlimited email contact with me from when you book and text/telephone if needed.
- Access to my lending library of books, CDs and DVDs related to pregnancy, birth, babies and parenthood.
- Access to one of my birth pools (kit and liner is £90).
- Access to one of my TENS machines (TENS pads are £10)
- 24 hours a day on call support from week 38 of your pregnancy until you are in labour.
- Attendance at birth-related medical appointments if required (charged at £25/hr)
- Continuous one to one care during your birth experience from the time you request for me to come until you have birthed and fed your baby and are happy for me to leave.
- Birth support includes help with relaxation; breathing techniques, movement, positions, visualisations and massage.
- Assistance with gathering information for you to make informed decisions about your care and the care of your baby.
- Assistance with your baby’s first feed regardless of your feeding choices.
- Usually two postnatal visits to offer support with feeding and to talk through your birth experience.
Areas I cover…
I tend to work within an hour’s drive of my home in Reading. If your home is on this map, you’re in my area. If not, drop me an email as I may still be able to support you.
I have supported women birthing at home, in a birth centre and in all my local hospitals in Reading, Oxford, Frimley, Basingstoke, Swindon, Winchester, Slough.
I regularly work alongside other Berkshire Doulas.
|Birthing without a doula||Birthing with a doula|
I certainly would have a doula next time, hopefully Lisa. Mainly because I can’t imagine going through it without her – the emotional and practical support was so important. And having a confident, experienced woman with you through pregnancy, labour and birth is priceless.